Friday, November 25, 2005




I shall first post embroideries that recall landscapes and such. All of these were made at different points in the last 10 years or so. They involve different media like threads, yarns & watercolors on silk fabric. Most of them are my interpretations of things I remember or see…
Some of the images are close ups or details of larger works. I’ve tried to post them close together for easy reference.

The lake is a minimalist piece. There are some French knots where the land & water intersect & some simple stitches at the base. The rest are watercolors on silk.
The “sand dune” dune piece was experimentation with color, material & textures. There are various stitches there, as well as watercolors & dried plants! It was a delight to make. This picture frame almost got stolen from my house when a friend decided that she was going to take it with her & not return it till I noticed it was gone (I had a large house & much of my work was on the walls). Of course I noticed…

Most of my work is for sale. Please email inquiries to me at rizwana_kashyap(at)shalzzz(dot)com
+91 - 986 033 6983

2 comments:

yarnahoy said...

Now, THESE are my absolute favorites! one day they'll disappear from your house & you'll never know who took them...

Anonymous said...

This is very beautiful work